DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global DNA Sequencing: Research, Applied and Clinical Markets” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report reviews the main sequencing technologies and explains why genetic variation is important in clinical testing. It then discusses some of the significant research initiatives that impact sequencing applications. Of particular interest is a discussion of population-scale sequencing projects throughout the world, and their likely impact on the sequencing industry. The main market driving forces for sequencing products and services are listed and discussed.
The report quantifies the sequencing markets by delivered format, including sequencing workflow products (sample preparation kits and reagents, sequencing instruments and consumables, and informatics) and sequencing services (clinical diagnostics and sequencing services to applied market customers).
The sample preparation kits and reagents market is quantified by type, that is, DNA isolation and extraction; target enrichment; and library preparation. The sequencing instruments and consumables market given by platform (Sanger, NGS and 3GS) and by product type (instruments, consumables).
The sequencing services market is analyzed by end user application (applied, clinical, research and development) and by genome type (human, non-human). Within sequencing services, the applied market is analyzed by end user application (agriculture, biopharma, consumer, microbiology, population-scale genomics, synthetic biology, and other).
Also within sequencing services, the clinical market is analyzed and quantified on a number of levels, including by disease category (cardiovascular, clinical microbiology and infectious diseases, Mendelian disorders, metabolic/immune disorders, neurology, oncology, reproductive health, and transplant medicine); by sequenced region (single gene, targeted region/multi-gene, exome, whole genome, and metagenome); by assay type (screening/early detection, diagnosis, therapy guidance, monitoring).
Within the diagnostics market, the oncology, reproductive health and transplant medicine market segments are analyzed as follows. The oncology market segment is analyzed by assay type; by sequenced region; and by indication (bladder, brain, breast, colorectal, cancer unknown primary, gastrointestinal stromal tumor, kidney, leukemia/lymphoma, lung, melanoma, pan-cancer, prostate, thyroid, and other cancer). The reproductive health market segment is analyzed by assay type; sequenced region; and application (carrier screening, in-vitro fertilization, newborn screening and non-invasive prenatal screening). The transplant market segment is analyzed by assay type; sequenced region; and organ type (lung, heart, liver, and kidney).
Specific geographic markets are discussed, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the rest of the world.
Industry sectors analyzed include Sequencing instruments; long-read sequencing; target enrichment; gene editing; informatics; blockchain; liquid biopsy; reproductive health diagnostics; consumer genomics; agriculture; and DNA data storage.
A summary of the more than 200 of the main industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from January 2017 through March 2019, including key alliance trends is included.
The Report Includes:
- 27 data tables and 79 additional tables
- An overview of global market for DNA sequencing and discussion of applications in research, applied and clinical markets
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Description of sequencing markets by workflow, including sample preparation products; sequencing instruments and consumables; informatics; and sequencing services
- Coverage of Sanger and next-generation technologies in detail
- Detailed description of key sequencing research & development programs such as American Gut Consortium, BabySeq and Blood Profiling Atlas
- A look at the current trends and recent developments in the market
- Company profiles of the major players of the market, including 23Andme Inc., Mayo Medical Laboratories, Novogene Co. Ltd., Qiagen NV, Roche Holding AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and Zhejiang Dian Diagnostics Co. Ltd.
Key Topics Covered:
- Summary and Highlights
- Technology Background
- Sequencing Initiatives
- Research and Applied Applications
- Clinical Applications
- Sequencing Industry
- Acquisitions and Strategic Alliances
- Sequencing Markets
- Patent Review/ New Developments
Some of the companies featured include:
- 10X Genomics Inc.
- Ambry Genetics
- Archer DX
- Athena Diagnostics Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Co.
- BGI Shenzen
- Cancer Genetics
- Cellmax Life
- CS Genetics Ltd.
- DNA Electronics Ltd.
- EPIC Sciences Inc.
- Genedx Inc.
- Grail Inc.
- Inivata Ltd.
- Loop Genomics
- New Oncology GmbH
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd
- Qiagen NV
- Sophia Genetics
- Trace Genomics Inc.
- Veritas Genetics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pyb1zl
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900